Monday 17 June 2013

So it is Monday and not the weekend BUT--

Due to a variety of reasons (including laziness) and the factor that I was in the midst of finishing a very dramatic and emotional anime - "Rumbling Hearts" - on WatchCartoonsOnline (its a really great series, go check it out! =D) and again marvelling at the great english voice acting (Its really hard to find good english voice acting in anime, so when its there, you fangirl like there is no tomorrow) I did not post a new post on the weekend as I said I would. Instead I chose (yeah let's call it that) to post it the day....*drum roll* AFTER! Aka: Monday. "GASP! But you should be STUDYING, not watching english voiced-over anime!" you might say, or even be thinking. However, as my last two exams are only in the latter half of this week, and since I generally only study last minute, I have kept to my computer like it is my raison d'etre ("Reason for living" btw). "Rumbling Hearts" didn't take all that long to finish since I only had like five more episodes to go, so I moved on to a very promising anime based on an otome game by the delicious "Otomate/IdeaFactory" who did the "Hakuoki Shinsengumi: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom" which, in case you don't know, has very, VERY, sexy men in it. And the Japanese voice-overs for them -- Mmmm.... <3 If you go to my school, I'd be happy to lend you my PSP for the week so you can try out the game and indulge in the sexiness of those Hakuoki boys (seriously, they're that fantastic). Anyway back to what I was saying - the anime is based on the otome game "Hiiro no Kakera" (Season 1 - The Tamayori Princess Saga) and I watched the series in english, hopeful for good voice acting. ...Yes. Surprisingly, the voices were brilliant. I am slightly sceptical about the main man (here's a pretty image for you below:

) buuut after episode 2 his voice found a place in my heart too, and I wouldn't have him voiced by any other guy. That aside, after the 13 episodes of season 1 that I watched (unfortunately the second season isn't out yet - in english anyhow - but I shall wait patiently for it) I decided my favourite boys (actually I declared it on the spot the moment I saw the characters, so I'm kind of lying that I waited until episode 13 to choose them) were greyish-green hair dude and dark-blue hair godIloveyourenglishvoiceandpersonalityyousexyboy man ---...don't judge me. <_< -shot- /Yes I have temporarily forgotten their names, this happens when you hear so many Japanese names and, unless you're seeing it ON screen, you tend to forget. I did remember on Sunday (watched ep 13 then) where I screamed dark-blue hair godIloveyourenglishvoiceandpersonalityyousexyboy man 's name because he just god flung against a tree by an all-powerful badguy (that sounds so ridiculous if you aren't watching the series LOL) so yeah. ANYWAY HERE ARE SOME PRETTY IMAGES OF THEM - so that you know who I am talking about.
Greyish-green hair dude (he's pretty much an anti-hero and I'm pretty sure he's the 'dirty guy' in the game):
<- He's frowning now, but just a minute ago he was smelling the main character and telling her she smelt nice (his second appearance in the after-credits scene where one guy says something sweet ((probably from the game)) to you ((seriously, the main girl isn't there so you feel like the main character *kya blush waves hand girl..ily*)) has him in the bath and saying something which I'm pretty sure was a sexual innuendo ((unless "I'll warm you up" is just a casual thing I hot guy says to a girl when he is inviting her into the bath and is himself completely naked - I wouldn't know, but from the anime/manga I have watched/read and the books I've gone through as well as my own mind when writing -- it is VERY MUCH a sexual innuendo XD). HERE IS THAT SCENE RIGHT NOW:
 <- He looks a bit creepy here but during the time you watch this it doesn't seem that way. Instead, if you are drinking something (as I was tea), then you will probably spit it out, cough/choke, smash your hand against the table in flushed fangirly screams, and then pat your red cheek (I do mean the face) and look away (whilst secretly thinking dirty things).
Now they only have the following scene in the game (I /think/ - this might appear in season 2, or if they do what they're doing with the Hakuoki anime series and making a spin-off season for each guy's path, then it could show up in that) but I find that I need to post it here because *SQUEE* its just--- *FANGIRL*:
<-- YES, YES, YES.

I am jealous of all the sexy animated men. If only such good stuff was about in RL (I have high standards that I don't deserve but who cares XD).

MOVING ON TO dark-blue hair godIloveyourenglishvoiceandpersonalityyousexyboy man :
<-- I couldn't grab an action-shot from the anime so these will have to suffice. Look at that beautiful last image. Why were you not in season 1? WHY? Want~~  ///excuse me while I fangirl for a moment.
....Okay I'm back.
His character really comes to life in the anime, particularly with his English voice, so I highly recommend it. I'm hoping this series' game gets translated and released for an English audience the way "Hakuoki" was, but this time I would like an option to have English voice-overs *__* I prefer Japanese for Hakuoki, but for this series, English would be best *_* And using the VA's from the anime of course <3 <3 <3
And now for a scene that IS from the anime and which made me giggle:
<--- HURR HURR HURR.

Don't judge me, I'm a fangirl >> -shot again-

ANYWAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS. I have now moved onto the english-voiced anime "His and Her Circumstances" which is a surprisingly good comedy romance series (yes I doubted when I started, but by the end of episode one I was clapping my hands with excitement). I don't want to spoil, but the main reserved guy is not entirely what he seems, and the ironic twist will have you giggling (at least I was XD).
I'm trying out some other series as well and will report if I think they're good enough >=D

Now those in my Art Class at school will recognise the following image (the top half anyway), others can just enjoy. Whilst making notes and studying for my art theory exam I made the discovery and was a teensy bit flabbergasted by it:

--- Yes. I was certain "The Great Mappoga" were men but...according to our notes, they're women. Which I find highly unlikely but fine. The one thing I won't let the artist get away with however is that the Mappoga's leg is broken. Look at the boot peeping out of their robes -- Its bent at an impossible angle, and since the knee is way up before that, it can not be cast off as a "regular bend". So yes. Anatomy fail. The proportions are odd on purpose of course, but the general bends are meant to be relatively normal -- and the bend down there certainly is not LOL! It gave me a good laugh at the time (as well as a bit of annoyance but yeah XD).

When will I next post? WHO KNOWS! XD Sometime this week perhaps or whenever something hits me. =D I hope you enjoyed this post, random reader(s)~!

No comments:

Post a Comment